Friday, December 4, 2009

My Depressing Week!

So this week started out like most weeks, except that I had a bad cold. My employees sent me home on Tuesday, but as I was leaving; my Manager came in. I was sorry to be leaving as she drove up from Vegas to visit my studio and I know she doesn't like making the drive if I am not working. But my cold was enough and it was way slow so I shouldn't have been there. I stayed long enough to learn that HER boss is going to visit my studio on the 9th. She has been threatening to come, and my studio is not doing well. This is why my manager came up.
The next morning, my day off (Dec 2) she started texting me and telling me how aweful my studio is doing and that we have the worst customer service in the company! I had spent a good part of the night before worrying about my job. And this seemed to confirm my feelings. I was very close to resigning. I was so upset I cried most of the morning. My manager called and apologized saying she had forgotten it was my birthday, and I am doing a lot of good. And that we were making progress in the right way.
Well she came in today! I am now on a final written warning because our sales, outreach, and surveys are not 'good enough' and if our MPC isn't in the black by Dec 18, that's it. I don't see a turn around happening in so short of a time. We need a miracle. Funny how she can tell me I am making progress then write me up for 'not improving.' I don't know what to do about surveys, if us remembering to tell the customer about them is suppost to increase them, then we should be rolling in surveys, but no. None. How am I responsible for customers NOT taking the time to answer the questions? For the last 2 or 3 weeks I have asked every customer I have helped to take the survey. I know that we are doing better with outreach then at ANY other time! I have hit that hard! But not hard enough apparantly. I don't know why are sales and sessions are not what they should be. I know that with  our current Portrait Related Sales (PRS) average, if we had the sessions we would be making the sales. But nothing we do is successful in really bringing in the sessions.

I wonder, is this job so wonderful that it is worth all the emotional stress it has given me. I can't hardly enjoy a day off without work contacting me. And yet my associates tell my Manager that I NEVER help them, and I do nothing when I am there. Heaven forbid I try to catch up on paperwork when it is slow, or while I've been sick (and shouldn't be near customers).

But if I resign, what then? I can't afford to live here without a job. I could move to Provo, or Ogden, but I need a change of scene from Ogden I think. And Kim is the best at finding jobs! Anyway, we'll see what happens! I just need to vent, and as my manager is my friend on Facebook, I can't really vent there! She is convinced she is doing the right thing. Maybe the reason that this Studio goes through so many Managers is because they have unrealistic expectation and it is really a Thankless Job (as Vickie often tells me, and she would know as she was the manager before me). Maybe if the company looked at the Studio as it is, and not as they WANT it to be or as Most other studios are; maybe then they would give it realistic goals. And they wouldn't expect Sunday to be a 2nd biggest day! Sunday is consistantly a slow day for us. But surely the number of Managers they have gone through is because they have not found the right one, NOT because they put unrealistic expectations on the Studio.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bec, sorry to hear you had such a depressing week! I just found you a couch on freecycle too. Sounds like you may not need it, and that I may not be visiting you in St. George at Christmas afterall :)

    I'll be happy to help you find a job :) if needed.

    Love you!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete