Thursday, January 28, 2010

Doing the right thing.

So I go one to my bank account to see what my last paycheck was. I took one look at the amount deposited, and thought WOW there has been a mistake. So I pulled up the online paystub, and easily found the mistake. One the previous check I was only paid $10 an hour for my 32 hours of PTO instead of $13, so they were fixing this. The way they did makes sense, but made one tine mistake. See to correct it they paid me for 32 hours of PTO at $13, then put in a -32 hours at $10. For some reason, the -32 hours turned into a +$320. So on the paycheck the $ read $416 + $320 (+the rest of my check which was correct). I instantly called the Payroll depart (a number I happened to have on hand has I had to call to get the 2 holidays put on my check, like they should have been (and fix the $ amount I was paid for my PTO). So I called, and not only got NO answer, but I got a message telling me that this voice mail box is not receiving messages at the time. Frustrating. So I had to call my old manager and explain the issue. I think she was surprised that I called to tell her I was over paid $320. After we hung up I was trying to estimate how much I should have received. It still didn't look right, that is when I realized that I was actually over paid $320 twice (1. the actual line item and 2. the $320 that wasn't subtracted from the $416). So I called Claudia (and when she didn't answer texted) to tell her that was over paid $640. She texted back to say thank you, and that is the last I have heard. I tried calling AGAIN, same message, to I called back and chose a different agent to see if I could get the message to her that way. No luck. Doing the right thing should NOT be this hard. With all the success I am having getting in touch with the company, you would think They had shorted me $640 not the other way!!!

Seriously, people. I don't even know if I dare take out my rent, or even put gas in my car incase they reverse the full amount of the debit, and then re-debit, to fix the issue. I won't touch their money, I know better and who not feel right about it; but some of that money in there is MINE. I earned it, but I don't want to be charged an NSF (I have talked to my bank, and they promised to reverse any that may apply due to this issue, but I don't want to hassle). What to do!!!!!!

Oh, well, at least I can look the girl in the mirror in the eyes! I guess that is what really matters. I would have been so easy to let them figure out (if they did) that they over paid me. That money could pay my rent, rather then having to 'borrow' rent money from the church welfare for rent. But I would feel aweful, just thinking it feels aweful! I am glad to see it go, because it is not mine; but at the same time part of me wishes it were mine. Is that wrong? I don't covet it, I just could really use it! Oh well, If I am faithful, the Lord will provide. In His own time the Lord will provide, is it wrong to wish we were on the same page about the 'own time' thing? This has been a very humbling week! I Hate to ask for help even from my parents, to have had to ask for help from my Bishop was REALLY hard for me! But I suppose it is a lesson the Lord felt I needed for his own cause. And I am sure that His cause is better then my cause. He knows best, I KNOW that. I just need to be better at remembering it.

Had some fun with my camera the other day! I am even wearing makeup! I know, don't die of shock at that one!!!

* All content copyrighted to Reb Sumner Photos

4 comments:

  1. I tried to return $5 to a cashier who gave me too much change once and that was unconcievably hard to do. It must be hard having money sitting there when you could really is and not be able to touch it. It'll all work out as long as you keep doing the right thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick got overpaid way back when we were first married. We called and let them know and in the end, they decided it was so much hassle to reverse, they told us to keep it. You never know. Doing the right thing is always best though, ma soeur. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are going to cut a new check and reverse this one, which means I can't really touch the part that is mine (and I need for rent by the 5th). Crazy!!! There was never any question. Wow Janet, they let you keep it? I wish. C'est La Vie!!!!

    Thanks Risa! I need encouragement! I just need to keep reminding myself to focus on the outcome and not the moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! warm greeting ^^!
    you can get unique fonts in our website

    ReplyDelete