Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!! Welcome 2010!!!!

Ok, while I am not quite as inspired as my sister Janet, I do have a couple resolutions for this upcoming year!

1. Finish my Quilt that I started at Snow College! I admit it has taken a long time, but that is mostly because I stop working on it for LONG periods of time! No More!!! I actually hope to finish it before July when It will be REALLY hot in St George!


2. Start making money off my Photography! Not at some studio owned by some companybut what I take with MY Personal Camera! My framed pictures, or just prints.


 3. To Stay in St George!!!!!! I know that I am where the Lord wants me, and I PLAN to stay!

2009 has been an interesting year. I spent the first 6 months looking for employment, and the last 6 working at a job that is set up to fail. I now know that the Studio Manager of the St George Sears Portrait Studio, cannot succeed until the company recognizes that St George is NOT your normal small town America! It is very unique, just ask those who live there. However going through 6 Studio Managers in 3 years, clearly is not the fault of the company's expectations. They just weren't the right people for the job. It is obviously easier to keep replacing the Studio Manager, then to re-evaluate the studio and it's demographics (and current economic situation). But to be honest, after the last 2 months, I am glad to be done with the company! I am tired of being in a situation where everything I do (even if I am doing EXACTLY what the District and Area Managers have told me to do) is wrong. I am tired of employees that feel the need to relate any failing in me (sadly I am HUMAN and therefore have failings) to the District Manager, but never the good that I do. I am tired of the stress! I am tired of spending a good portion of my days off work, on my personal phone (that I pay for) helping those same employees that turn around and tell the District Manager that I NEVER help them. I am glad to be done with this job!!!!

But I really did have a good 2009!!!! Luckily I have a talent for looking back and only remembering the good things and forgetting the bad!



1 comment:

  1. Love you, Becca. Sounds like a good list. :) Enjoy the warmth that is St. George. We're thinking of and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete