Monday, July 27, 2009

When life hands you Lemons!

Ever had one of those days where you know you should have just stayed in bed?
Well that was me today! Of course I'd had to think what would have happened had I actually stayed in bed. (shudder)

Knowing that Monday was my one day off I decided it was time Janelle and I finally had our pool day with her daughter Angelisa. So they came over, and we walked to the pool. I pulled out my camera to document the moment, and Nothing!!!! It wouldn't focus. OK, so I changed it to manual focus. I push the button and rather then a picture, I had a Black screen! I still can't get my camera to work. I am surprised I am not absolutely dying or dead. Maybe the shock hasn't hit. So we just swam. We had fun, and we even got to know one of the sisters from my ward! Yay, a new friend!

Next, we returned to my apartment. After enjoying some ice cream (a nice blessing in St George) and playing a game of Skipbo, Janelle suggested we organize my boxes and put the ones in the closet that I don't want to unpack yet. This sounded like a good idea. So, I started peeking inside and unpacking a few. Janelle took the first box I indicated needed to go into my make shift storage spot for all things scrapbook related (I don't have a washer and dryer). She opened the drawer and there was water on the floor, yellow rust stains, as well as yellow rusty water on two of my organizers, and the shelf. The organizer that help my paper had received the most damage. 90% of my good artsy paper is now destroyed. All that survived was the cheapest paper in the lowest shelves, not as much water made it to them. Luckily my other new organizer was yellow and stained, but nothing inside was ruined. It contained things I couldn't have replaced. Also, my 3rd organizer only had a little bit of yellow rusty splashes on it. The best part was that the purple tote, holding mostly photographs was untouched other then where the water on the floor had reached it. I didn't loose anything I can't replace, but still. I had a lot of paper that was lost, and that is expensive! Janelle and I scrubbed my organizers, and for the most part they look fine! We were able to get most of the yellow off with baking soda! Thanks Janelle for helping me find and clean up this mess. Now to wait until they can find the problem. We are guessing the AC is leaking, but we don't know for sure.

After Janelle, Angelisa, and Robert left; I realized I am a little fried. Luckily it doesn't look too bad although it did reach my feet and legs! interesting! I feel hot despite the fan blowing on me! Oh well. C'est La Vie!!!!!! It could have been much worse, we discovered it within a week of when it started (we know for a fact that it wasn't leaking before last Sunday (July 19) as that is when we put the pictures in the storage place! And at least we caught it before it got moldy and yucky, and some of my irreplaceable photos were destroyed!

Thank you Lord for looking out for me today!

Now to figure out what's up with my camera!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty rotten day. Nice to have good friends though, isn't it? So why haven't you told the family about your blog? Tsk, tsk. :) We need to know these things . . . especially when we live on the other side of he country and don't get to see you very often. Love you!

    ReplyDelete