Friday, February 26, 2010

I am a wimp!!!

OK, I know, be nice. I am. So I went for my weekly hike today! I went up one way, but wanted to come down another. However, there were a few spots were I knew I could do what I needed to get down, but one little mistake, and either myself or my camera (or both) would be sorry. I know that if my camera was the one in trouble I would sacrifce everything else to protect it, and as I hiking alone . . . Not good! However, I think that I wasted too much time fighting with myself about the right path. As I have wacked my sprained finger again (4th time in 4 months, what is it about the last week of the month? but that is another story), I knew that was a hinderance as well. My grasp on my right hand, which is weak to begin with (courtesy of that fall back in 2000) is even weaker right now! After getting myself in some sticky moments, I finally went another route to get down. But not after wasting an hour of my time. At one point I was in a one wrong move is trouble spot and I was stupid enough to think, 'this would be a bad time for a charly horse.' Luckily my calf didn't hear or I would have been in trouble! I have decided that stupidity is not only trying to do what you can't, but trying to do what you can do when others are around (and able to help) when you are alone. It is a good think that I am a wimp, or I may have gotten hurt today! It was a great hike, but I am sure feeling it more then the others I have done in the past! It is also amazing, how when one little tiny finger is hurting it can affect that whole side!

No comments:

Post a Comment