Friday, February 12, 2010

Maybe I should have stayed in bed this morning!

So with all the rain we have been having here in St George, I have not yet had a chance to hike. Sad! I do still have today and tomorrow!

So my plan this morning was to get up early (you who know me, know how I detest getting up in the morning), hike the little trail to the top of the Dixie Rock, and take some sunrise photos! I didn't know for sure what time sunrise was so I set my alarm (the clock is 15 min fast on purpose) for 4:53. I like odd times. I even promised myself a reward is I got up in time! Now I should state that most of my issue with mornings is that I go to be way too late (many reasons not just because I am a night owl, though that too). So I promised myself I would be in bed by midnight. However, I got on Facebook and we all know how that goes. I actually would have been fine, but I started a group to help me pick photos for an upcoming photo book I am going to put together (more on that in the next blog) and a couple of my friends started going through marking 'like' on the photos they thought I should include and commenting on a few. I was having fun chatting and trying to view and add what they suggested. Had this not been the case, it would have been easier to get off and go to bed. But that is my fault none the less! So I went to bed around 1, not good with my alarm going off at 4:53! Needless to say, snooze was my friend this morning (it usually is when my alarm is on, this is why I like odd times). At 6:2? I sat up and looked outside, it was still pitch black. HOPE!!!! I got out of bed and started getting ready. I grabbed a hair tie, and put my hair in a pony tail (no time for anything fancy). As I started to put the tie in my hair, BAM! Sharp pain just below my right shoulder, I know instantly, pinched nerve! The pain was blinding, so I sat down to see what would happen. I subdued but did not go away. I decided to finish getting ready and go take pictures. I knew it would be unwise to hike up Dixie rock, but there are other spots that are OK for picture taking, and I was UP! So, off I went to a spot just below Dixie rock on Red Hills Parkway. I could see a small group of people up on Dixie rock, I admit, I was very jealous of them all! So I went to my spot. I knew I didn't have time to set up my tripod. I tried to take a few free hand shots, but I needed a tripod; and raising the camera was agrivating my shoulder. So I gave up. I knew that between my mood and the pain, I wouldn't get anything worth a hill of beans. Not to mention it was a bit chilly. So my sunrise photos will have to wait for another morning!

You always here people say, that they should have stayed in bed to avoid a bad day. Or go back to bed because of their day. I wonder, Had I stayed in bed, or just not gotten up so early; Would I have pinched the nerve? It didn't hurt until I pulled my hair up. Was the wrong motion at the wrong time? Or would the same motion have caused the same injury no matter when I got around to pulling my hair up? Anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter now. I just hope it calms down enough to let me hike later today or tomorrow. If NOT I hope it at least calms down before my shoot tomorrow night! I need to be well for that so I can be on top of my game! I need that to go well, I have business cards to pass out and would love to get more business off of this job!!! I NEED it, I am still job hunting!

* All content copyrighted to Reb Sumner Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment