Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Love Sundays!!!!

So this has been quite the weekend. Friday night I started to realize that there was only one week left of the month, and I still didn't have a job. Needless to say I started to feel really down and upset, I even cried. I didn't want to move home, but what was my choice? Saturday morning, my parents called me. They had both woken up that morning thinking about me and my situation. When they called they asked me what was going on this next weekend. I told them that I guessed I would need to move home, I still didn't have a job. They told me that they wanted to help me be as independant as possible and that they both felt I needed at least one more month in St George to keep looking. I couldn't believe they were offering, what I knew I couldn't ask for, but was theirs to give. I was very grateful, and I could feel a weight lift off of me.


That comes to today! What better topic for Sacrament Meeting then the Holy Ghost! In particular listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost! How appropriate! The longer I sat there, the more I realized that this was a confirmation to me of just how aware of my situation the Lord is! He is the Master Arcitech of my life! He knows what I am going through and what I need! He hears my prayers (formal or otherwise). He answers my prayers! I am so grateful to my parents, that they are worthy to hear and heed such promptings! I know that the church is true. I know that Christ lived and does still live! He is my Savior and my Redeemer!

He lives to Silent all MY Fears, He lives to Wipe away MY Tears,
He lives to Calm MY Troubled heart, He lives all Blessings to Impart!!!!!

He never has, nor never will fail me!

2 comments:

  1. An amazing realization . . . or should I say it's amazing that we keep forgetting despite all the things He does for us.

    I hit that point in the craziness of planning to move to DC in the midst of a baby being born. No matter how hard or frustrating it was, I couldn't help but see the Savior's hand in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great - I love how Sundays tend to let you hear what you needed to hear. Want to know something strange though - that is 3 wards now that I know of that had talks about that same thing, Listening to promptings - mine, yours and Bills.

    ReplyDelete